Hiring Freelance Employee Tips
It has become increasingly common in today’s world for freelancers to fulfill skill-specific jobs that they are specialized in, instead of traditional employees. Freelance employees often work with a company for a limited amount of time to complete a particular task or project. It is not wrong for one to say that freelance work is slowly taking over the industry.
Why Do Companies Hire Freelancers
Freelancers are an excellent way for a company, especially a growing business, to tap into the pool of potential temporary employees with greater flexibility, versatility as well as skills to complete a particular job. Freelancers specialize in their fields and work with multiple companies on contract.
You can look for freelancers offline or hire them using popular online platforms like LinkedIn Profinder, UpWork, Craigslist, Fiverr and many other platforms.
Their advantages over traditional employees include:
- You can eliminate the overhead costthat comes with traditional employees and provide flexible paymentdepending on the number of hours worked.
- You can put a greater variety of skill set and experienceto use.
- You can choose which particular freelancer is the best for the job you have in mind by setting a skill set, experience, availability, and budget criteria.
- You can evaluate them using sample workbefore hiring them and stay assuredof the quality of work they will provide.
Now, many issues might crop up while managing freelancers like time management, budget, time tracking, and accurate payroll generation. As freelancers are usually working with multiple companies, an employer cannot put the kind of trust in a freelancer that they put in traditional employees and that is where an employee time tracking app like Timeero helps in keeping track of the freelancer’s work.
Key Issues That Crop Up When Hiring and Working With a Freelancer:
- Time Management: The number of hours worked by a freelancer and their location, in case of a field job, is essential information that the manager needs to know while making sure that work gets completed. Timekeeping and location records as well as storing them and accessing them are other issues that a company needs to take care of before deciding to hire freelancers.
- Communication:There are many forms of communication between an employer and a freelancer, direct or indirect.Direct communication involves messaging, emailing or collaborating in group chats. Face to face or any digital communication with an employee is termed as direct communication which is usually used for task assignment and scheduling.Indirect communication conveys the information to both parties without the need for a conversation and has become a popular means of communication.
Timeero facilitates indirect communication by attaching notes and timely reports, so you can always use the employee time tracking app to communicate and manage tasks of your employees. Share notes and memos and keep your employer updated with your work progress, keep track of time logs, as well as create payroll through its GPS timesheets payroll implementation. You can continuously share your work progress and establish trust and loyalty. Timeero’s time off requests and employee scheduling features also provide a secure mode of communication between the freelance worker and employer.
- Payment: With the advent of GPS timesheets, payroll can be automatically generated through the app. With this transparent process, one can keep all the worries about money at bay and focus on the task at hand. By following the time records on the employee time tracking app, as well as the mileage that is driven, one can always rely on the app to provide the fair payment to the freelancer as GPS timesheet payroll generation is proved to be 100% reliable and accurate.
Benefits of Timeero for Managing Freelancers
- The Clock in/ Clock Out Feature: With this feature, you can use the employee time tracking app to record the number of hours a particular freelancer has worked. The number of hours devoted by a freelancer is the key to managing their time and budget as well as holding them accountable and seeing if they’re as efficient as you’d like them to be.
- GPS Tracking: You can easily track the time as the GPS timesheets and payroll are automatically created on the app with the location-based tracking allowing you to see where your worker was at the time of Clock In and Clock Out.
- Keep yourself updated with Notes: The employee time tracking feature on the app allows users to add notes to a time entry on the app to keep the employer updated with their progress. Know how much work is being done at precisely what time and how productive your freelance worker is.
- GPS Timesheets: How do you keep track of the hours of your workers? By writing it down on a piece of paper hoping you don’t lose it or by keeping it all stored in your mind? Ditch the old school methods and welcome the automatically generated GPS timesheets and payroll that you can access through the app.
- Payroll Generation:With the help of GPS timesheets, payroll generation has become a hassle-free process as you can enter the hourly wage, calculate it against the number of hours worked and voilà, the payment is generated, allowing you to stay on top of the budget.
- Mileage Tracking:It is a great benefit to the company to be able to track the mileage of a worker. Yes, you can’t trust the freelancer, and you’re going to have to reimburse him for the miles driven anyway, so believe the reliable mileage tracking provided by your favorite employee time tracking app – Timeero and leave it to us to help you keep in line with your budget.
- Job Scheduling: Assign tasks and deadlines to your freelancer on the app and steer clear of the worries of having to remind him/her time and again about the job. You can trust Timeero and its reminders to continually ping the worker about the task and make sure your work gets done on time.
- Leave Requests:When your freelance worker is sick or has a prior engagement, he/she can request time off through the app, and it is up to you, the manager, to review the request and approve or disapprove it.
Freelancing is a diverse market where you can find workers with skill sets, personalities, as well as experience that sometimes, cannot be found in traditional employees. For an assignment that ends up being a few months long, hiring a freelancer is the optimal route to extract maximum output out of a temporary employee who is passionate about the work he/she does and can think of out of the box strategies to help the company come up with viable solutions. An employee time tracking app assists the company in managing the task and time of the worker directly.