The roofing industry has been growing by 1% annually over the past five years, and this trend is expected to continue.
As of 2021, there are almost 109,000 roofing companies in the US, so you need to raise your game if you want to differentiate yourself from all of them.
And that’s why you need to know what the best roofing apps are to help you automate workforce management, facilitate roofing cost estimates, communicate job updates with your team, and stay on top of things.
Here’s the roundup of the 12 best roofing apps in 2022, together with explanations of how they can improve your business, save you a lot of time, and allow you to stay on top of things.
1. Timeero - The Best Roofing Application for Time, Mileage, and GPS Tracking
Timeero is the best roofing application for tracking time, mileage, and GPS location, with which you won’t have to worry about where your employees are while on the clock or whether they will show up at the worksite on time.
Once your employees install Timeero on their devices, they will be able to clock in and out automatically since the app comes with a geofencing feature. This allows for increased accountability of your employees and eliminates the need for manual clocking in/out. Plus it prevents buddy punching.
Timeero also comes with a powerful scheduling feature that speeds up the entire process and saves you up to 30 hours a week. Your team members will be notified whenever they’re assigned a task, and you’ll be alerted if someone cancels a shift.
It’s also worth mentioning that you can stay on the same page with your team by leaving them notes about the job in Timeero.
Integrations with the most popular accounting applications including QuickBooks, Xero, ADP, Gusto, and Paychex facilitate and speed up crunching numbers so that you can be sure your payroll calculations will be accurate. You can generate payroll calculations and export them to the software of your choice in a couple of clicks without doing any tedious and messy paperwork.
Finally, since your employees are required to travel between different work sites, Timeero’s mileage tracking feature can come in handy. The breadcrumb trail path functionality allows you to monitor their location and movements in real time or even replay the entire route retroactively. This way, you will avoid paying for longer routes and cut your expenses.
In short, Timeero will help you save time, automate workflows, cut costs, and manage your workforce effectively, which makes it one of the best roofing apps for your business.
- Automatic, paperless time, mileage, and location tracking
- Monitor where your employees are at any time
- Keep records of every employee's hours and locations as proof
- Create a schedule with just a few clicks
- Payroll and accounting integrations
- Breadcrumb trail path and geofencing for an added layer of accountability
- Send individual and bulk text messages and emails to your employees
- Face recognition functionality that puts an end to buddy punching.
Free 14-day trial
Standard: $5 per user per month + monthly $10 base fee
Premium: $10 per user per month + monthly $30 base fee
2. JobNimbus - The Best Roofing CRM + Project Management Application
JobNimbus made it on the list of the best roofing apps because keeping your customers and leads organized and managing them properly is crucial for the success of your business. And this software doubles both as a powerful CRM tool and a project management app.
With the help of JobNimbus, it will be easier for you to track leads, create a custom note using the available information, check your team’s availability using the integrated Google calendar, send invoices, and even get paid with credit cards.
Thanks to the software’s ability to calculate labor and material prices quickly and accurately, you can expect to win more roofing jobs.
A unified dashboard makes it possible to monitor all your jobs, tasks, and projects from one place so that nothing slips through the cracks.
- Customer relationship management tool
- Improve communication and keep all your emails and text messages for greater transparency
- Create costs estimates and quotes
- Track jobs and check your team’s availability on the spot
- Access all the job information on the go.
No free trial
Contact JobNimbus for pricing details
3. iRoofing - Visualizer and Measurement App
Show your potential customers what their new roof will look like by creating roofing simulations and before-after images. Once they decide what they want, you can order roofing material and products from distributors through the app.
iRoofing provides accurate roof measurements meaning that you won’t have to waste your time on this task. There are different options available for obtaining measurements, including satellite data, using a drone, Clearoof ™ aerial imagery, and uploading a blueprint. All this makes iRoof one of the best roofing apps when it comes to closing clients.
Besides these state-of-the-art features that will save you a lot of time and improve your business, you can use iRoofing for creating price estimates, signing contracts digitally, and managing all your projects.
- Measure roofs even when you’re not at the location
- Create roof simulations to help customers choose the product they like
- Order material from the app
- Create quotes and estimates
- Manage your customer database and jobs
- Build digital pitch books to showcase your work
- Message your customers directly
- Sign digital contracts on the spot.
No free trial
Monthly membership: $129 a month, unlimited use for 3 users
Yearly membership: $1,368 a year, unlimited use for 3 users
4. Company Cam - The Best Roofing App for Taking Photos
Every roofing business heavily relies on photo documentation.
But things get complicated when you have to keep all these photos organized and accessible from anywhere.
That’s what Company Cam specializes in - allowing your teams to take photos, organize them by location, date, and time, and store them safely in the cloud. Plus, every photo is time-stamped together with the name of the user who took it and automatically added to the project it belongs to.
The tagging feature makes it easier to search for and find photos, while in-app conversations allow users to leave comments, voice messages, and mentions, thus streamlining communication and minimizing the need for lengthy email threads.
- Project feed for the real-time job and project updates across your company
- In-app messages, voice notes, and mentions for improved communication
- Add necessary information by drawing on, adding tags, or any necessary information directly on photos
- Easily search photos by tags, users, locations, and other parameters
- Facilitated collaboration with shareable project timelines.
Free 14-day trial
Basic plan: free for up to 3 users
Pro plan: $19 per user per month for up to 250 users
Enterprise: Pricing available on request.
5. Estimating Edge - The Best Roofing App for Takeoff and Estimating
Providing competitive estimates plays an important role when you’re trying to outbid other local roofing companies and land new clients.
Estimating Edge gives you a head start since it’s capable of performing complex takeoff calculations and estimates in no time. This means that you’ll get accurate roofing material estimates and prices even for the most elaborate roof designs and save hours on this task.
Therefore, you will be able to offer a reasonable quote and fast service, which will translate into more clients.
- Perform complex material and labor cost calculations
- Tapered insulation roofing module
- Standing seam roofing module
- Poured deck module
- Packed with roofing-specific conditions to ensure accurate bids
- Smart Labor® technology allows you to determine preset values and automatically adapts production to them
- Can be used for both commercial and residential roofing.
No free trial
Contact Estimating Edge for pricing details
6. Hail Trace - The Best Roofing App for New Business Opportunities
Although Hail Trace isn’t, strictly speaking, roofing software, its main purpose is helping restoration companies generate high-quality leads.
Hail Trace is an AI-powered forensic meteorological service, and your roofing business can greatly benefit from having accurate data-driven hail, wind, and tornado maps and verified address-specific weather reports.
Knowing what locations might be hit by severe weather and experiencing damage to properties will allow you to create marketing campaigns that will target the people who need roof repairs.
- Historical hail, wind, and tornado maps
- Real-time comprehensive customer analytics
- Expert meteorologists analyze the data and determine the areas that have the highest potential for being subjected to hail damage
- Cutting-edge radar technology for determining the hail size
- Access to multiple hail reporting databases
- CRM integration
- Contact management
- Task management.
No free trial
Maps only - $94 per month billed annually
Maps + Data - $162 per month billed annually
Enterprise pricing available on request
7. Sales Rabbit - Lead Generation and Management
Roofing businesses heavily rely on their outside sales reps to generate new, high-quality leads that have a high likelihood of converting and bringing revenue.
That’s where Sales Rabbit comes in to help them with keeping track of leads and pitching potential clients while in the field. Outside sales reps need to have access to all the product information because it’s difficult to memorize all the details about your roofing offers.
With Sales Rabbit, your team will be able to create digital sales materials and interactive presentations that will take their pitch to the next level.
- Lead generation, management, and tracking
- Team management
- Storm data and weather maps for tracking leads who might need your services
- Pitching, proposal, and digital signature features
No free trial
The Essentials Bundle: $66 per user per month, billed annually
Additional pricing plans are available.
8. Pitch Gauge - Easily Create Roof Reports
Pitch Gauge is an easy-to-use roofing app that comes with several different features that will come in handy for every roofing professional.
You can use it to take accurate roof measurements, create estimates, store all your project information, and invite your team to collaborate. All this makes quoting and ordering necessary materials much easier and quicker.
- Lead and project tracking
- Easy and accurate measuring
- Pitch finder with super calibration and hold
- Square calculator
- Generating personalized roof reports
- A camera with a compass for taking pictures with the address stamp
- Project analytics for assessing team progress and performance.
9. Crew App - The Best Crew Management App
Crew App by AccuLynx is one of the best roofing apps for subcontractor and crew management.
With Crew App, contractors can share work details and instructions and assign crews to jobs or subcontractors. After sending a job request, crews will be notified about it, and they can either reject or accept your offer. Since you can upload photos, documents, and all the necessary information, the crew can view all their assignments in the app.
Similarly, crews can share real-time updates with contractors, clock in and out of job locations, send messages, share photos, and keep track of how the work progresses.
- Scheduling feature for streamlining the process
- Facilitated collaboration on projects
- Contractors can have a detailed insight into the progress of all assignments
- Better communication between crew members, and crews and contractors
- Directions to job sites
No free trial
Pricing available on request
10. Tradie Flow - Centralize Processes and Tasks
Tradie Flow is a versatile app that can save you a lot of time - according to the company 20+ a week.
You can use it for different tasks related to running your roofing business, including lead collection, quoting, booking jobs, invoicing, following up on unpaid invoices, or getting reviews. And you can do all this from your mobile phone, which is pretty convenient since you spend a lot of time in the field.
Besides all this, with Tradie Flow, you can communicate essential information to your team and, generally speaking, improve all your workflows.
- Collect and manage leads, and help your sales team sell more
- Create and send quotes quickly
- Grouping all job details in one place for better communication and easier job booking
- Automate invoicing and get paid online.
Free trial available
Monthly starter - $99 per month
Yearly professional - $950.40 annually
11. Spotio - Field Sales Engagement Tool
The fact that you’re running a roofing business doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be a great salesperson.
And if you’re not a natural, then Spotio can be of great help.
This field sales engagement tool will monitor, manage, and optimize all your sales-related activities. By maximizing sales coverage, your sales reps will know where to go and you’ll avoid overlapping visits.
Plus, by analyzing the performance of each territory, you’ll be able to fine-tune your processes and improve your sales reps’ performance.
Spotio also automates data entry and gives you a 360-view of all your prospects.
- Customer mapping
- Automated customer data capture
- Email, call, and text templates
- Activity tracking across different channels
- B2B and B2C lead generation functionality
No free trial
Pricing for all plans available on request
12. EagleView - Aerial Imagery Tool + Analytics
EagleView boasts a fleet of airplanes equipped with proprietary sensor technology, which allows for providing accurate and precise property measurements.
Thanks to its interactive 3D Visualizer powered by augmented reality, you can impress your customers by offering them to see what their house will look like when the roof has been finished.
Premium reports include 3D roof diagrams, access to EagleView aerial imagery, and even waste calculations.
- Automatic quoting helps you create quick cost estimates and speed up the bidding process
- 3D Visualizer can also be used to suggest improvements
- Reports come with detailed analytics and can be accessed from different devices.
You can see a sample report
There are four plans - Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum and every report is charged individually
Pick the Best Roofing Apps and Grow Your Business
Check out these 12 best roofing apps and pick the ones that will help your business grow. Investing in one or more of these powerful tools will result in saving your and your team’s time, cutting different expenses, and streamlining your workflows. Adopting tech solutions will give you a competitive edge and allow you to work smarter not harder.