GPS Timesheet Software For Construction Companies
GPS Timesheet Software for the Construction Industry
Tracking the time of employees that work for construction companies is a difficult task, especially considering that multiple mobile teams are working in different locations. This leads to concerns owing to the lack of accountability and supervision on the job. The information provided by the time cards also turns out to be unreliable as one can never really be sure if the report turned in by the employee is correct or not. Paper time cards are also unreliable because the handwriting could be hard to read.
As companies that need to rely on the efficient functioning of workers to sustain themselves in the industry, it is crucial for construction companies to come up with a reliable GPS timesheet software.
There are several challenges the construction industry faces when tracking employee time like potential time theft, the mobility of employees, lack of accountability and unreliable timesheets. If time management is done poorly or too much time is lost on the part of the manager to ensure the location and time of employees, it can lead to a loss in productivity. This loss can lead to a massive amount of damage to the company in terms of finance and money. Therefore, we need to counteract all the challenges while serving our primary purpose of time management. Timeero, the employee time tracking software can help you do just that.
The Traditional Time Tracking Method Used by Construction Companies
In the past, construction companies have always used methods like paper timesheets and punching cards to track the time of employees. However, these methods, as well as their lack of efficiency, leaves a lot to be desired. It is common knowledge what a hassle it is to maintain the paper-based timesheets, having to manually input the data and yet due to the tendency of human error, there will always be inaccuracies in the data.
Generating payroll from the paper timesheets itself turns out to be a mammoth task, as the person in charge has to pour through multiple pages to calculate payroll, which can again, turn out to be erroneous. There is also the issue of timesheets being lost or damaged as well as the storage space of a company that these records eat up. Also, with traditional payroll, companies have to wait till they run payroll to do job costing or to keep track of the total hours spent on each project. With Timeero, payroll and job costing are simple and easy to do with a few clicks.
Punch cards used by the employees are especially unreliable when the supervision is minimum, which happens quite often due to the mobile nature of construction workers. Employees tend to lose track of time while at work so more often than not, the time data submitted by them is a mere estimate and not an accurate reading, which leads to a huge difference when calculating payroll. Buddy Punching and Time Theft are common scenarios nowadays, and these traditional methods have no way of dealing with them. You never really know if the time your employee has punched in is correct or not, or whether the time was submitted by the employee or a friend of that employee.
You are left to rely on the word of your employees, which as it turns out, is not reliable.
The fact that these traditional methods are time-consuming and take a toll on the manager could lead to increased stress and loss of productivity. Significant time is lost on the part of both the employer and employee, time that could be spent doing something far more productive.
Why Construction Companies should Use a Time Tracking Software like Timeero
A GPS Timesheet software does away with all the issues caused by the traditional time tracking systems. Thanks to the rapidly developing field of technology, it has now become possible to track the time as well as the location of the employee in real time.
With multiple mobile teams working at different locations, it’s important to find a fast and handy solution.
Benefits of Timeero, the GPS timesheet software:
- GPS Clock In/ Clock Out:With the ease of clocking in and out from your Android or iOS device at any time, you will have accurate records of the clock in and clock out of your employee as well as the location at the time. Setting a geofence on the job enables you to clock in the employees only when they are at the job site. This prevents buddy punching and time theft and ensures maximum productivity from employees.
- Mileage Tracking: Always stay on top of your budget and know exactly how much mileage your employees are consuming with the GPS timesheet software. The location combined with time tracking calculates the number of miles and also helps you know the location of your employees. So if they’re driving more miles than required or have gone off the established route, you never have to worry about inaccurate reimbursements making a hole in your pocket.
- Offline Availability: Working in an area with low connectivity or poor internet? Fret not, because Timeero is designed to work offline allowing you to clock in/out anywhere at any time. Many construction companies have different employees working in remote areas, and the offline functionality of the GPS timesheet software saves effort as well as time, providing accurate time tracking no matter where you are.
- Digital timesheets: Bid farewell to the days of maintaining lots and lots of paper timesheets along with the lots and lots of errors that come with that. The time tracked on the app is automatically generated on digital timesheets which can be imported to QuickBooks or your device with a single click. Without having to input the data manually, you get more reliable records with the GPS timesheet software.
- Payroll Generation: It is much easier to generate payroll with a few simple clicks. The payroll is automatically calculated based on the GPS timesheets, proving to be more efficient and accurate than traditional methods.
- Job Scheduling: As mobile teams have minimum contact with the administration, job scheduling on the app works as a reliable means of communicating with them. You can create and assign multiple jobs simultaneously to save effort and time. Schedules and updates to schedules are pushed out to employees in real time and employees can navigate to their assigned shift right from the schedule. This ensures that your employees always know where they need to be working, and this allows you to cover all your projects adequately.
- DCAA/ DOL Compliance: It’s easier to follow and comply with the time tracking regulations set by the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) or Department of Labor (DOL) with Timeero due to its accurate time tracking.
Timeero is one of the most powerful GPS time tracking apps with employee scheduling for local businesses – get in touch today to see how we can help your business boost employee efficiency and increase profits.